Wednesday, August 4, 2010

How Strange in hind sight.

So I belive I may have already said something about this on some other social media site but it just seemed like it would be easier and more correct without some weird 120 character limitation on it.  I went to a bible study last night at my friend Don's aparment.  He and his now wife Penny just got married and were back from their honeymoon so it was good to see them.  Anyways I almost didnt go because I was also invited to play volleyball.  Sounds like a strange toss up but volleyball almost won.  (forshadowing for later comments) However I talked to Don and he said that he needed to give me something and since I hadnt seen them lately I figured that it would be good to do so. 

So when I got there and after some great irish tea we started bible study.  Lots stood out for me on this.  The first thing was that Donald said he completely changed what he was going to talk about becasue he felt the Spirit leading him a different direction.  That was ironic in the case that the direction he went in was what exactly is the Spirit.  So for some hindsight into my life since you may just be getting to know me is that my mom is penticostal and my dad is baptist.  Penticostals are all about the Holy Spirit but even though i was raised hearing about it, actually I guess I could call it Him, I never understood Him as a being.  He is like the missing part of the trinity for me.  The old testiment had God the Father, the new testiment till the resurection had Jesus the son, and the church after (including today) has the Holy Spirit.  It is weird then that I dont know my part of the trinity.  That would be like John the Baptist not knowing Christ. 

Anyways so that gave me the desire to study up on the Holy Spirit so be ready for more on that.  But the second thing that stood out was that he said if we want to act a certain way during the hard times we have to make the decision now before the hard times arive cause we wont want to make it then.  Just alot to chew on there as well. 

Anyways I hope that was a good insight into what Ive been thinking about lately.  Much more to come Im sure. 

Love you all

Adam Drummond

No comments:

Post a Comment