Saturday, December 11, 2010

Long Time Fan First Time Blogger (Forgiven by Sanctus Real)

Okay so first things first here are the lyrics.

Well the past is playing with my head
And failure knocks me down again
I’m reminded of the wrong
That I have said and done
And that devil just wont let me forget
In this life
I know what I’ve been
But here in your arms
I know what I am

[chorus]
I’m forgiven
I’m forgiven
And I don’t have to carry
The weight of who I’ve been
Cause I’m forgiven

My mistakes are running through my mind
And I’ll relive my days, in the middle of the night
When I struggle with my pain, wrestle with my pride
Sometimes I feel alone, and I cry

In this life
I know what I’ve been
But here in your arms
I know what I am
[back to chorus]

When I don't fit in and I don’t feel like I belong anywhere
When I don’t measure up to much in this life
Oh, I’m a treasure in the arms of Christ

Okay so this seem to happen to me alot.  I tell people that Im exhausted and then on the way home I hear something that gets me thinking and then all of a sudden Im all awake.  This song came on and I couldnt help but realize how awesome the message that it brings is.  It really spoke to me tonight. 

The whole thing could be a perfect testimony of what I go through on a daily bases that is for sure. You know sometimes I just feel defeated by my failure that all I can do is take joy in the grace provided by the cross but those days make the days that I can celebrate his strength to see me through vicotry even grander. 

However the part that is the most awesome I think is the last three lines.  When I dont fit in or feel like I belong when I dont measure up to much in this life IM A TREASURE IN THE ARMS OF CHRIST. That is so uplifting for me in times where I just feel a little off.  I dont fit in of feel like I belong for one reason.  Becuase Im not supposed to.  I feel unsettled and unwelcomed in this world becuase I am created for a place much different.  I need to remember that Christ looks at me as a treasue and because of that I should not worry about the worldly measurements about who I should be. 

Overall a great song and completely encouraging and just what I needed tonight.  Thank you Lord for your perfect timing. 

1 comment:

  1. You are a wonderful guy, and you are going to do wonderful things! I miss seeing you...lets be friends again;)

    ReplyDelete